free counters

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

NEW BIKE!!!

So, I pedal to and from work when the weather allows it. I am one of those maniacs that rides his bicycle in the snow so, I get a lot of bike riding in.
Yesterday was the worst.
I pedaled and it felt like I was moving through molasses. It was a rough ride. but I got to work with time to spare. It was on the way home I discovered that my Huffy was losing the crank bearings. You know the spot where the pedals go? Anyway, I made it home and knew that my trusty Huffy Cranbrook was on the way out.
Being as it is my second oldest son, Dennis' birthday this week I was without any form of cash. I got ahold of my oldest son, Seann and asked him if he could spare the cash to replace the bike. I always ride Huffy's so it was only a hundred bucks. The last one lasted close to three years and I am thinking I will rebuild the crank when I have the time. It will be a good learning experience.
In the meantime, I now have this;

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81FSvb-SprL._SX425_.jpg

Nice, huh? I took off the seat and put on my hornless seat. I attached my rear blinker light and the harness for my handlebar basket and I was good to go. Today I just rode to the bus stop and took the bus in. I didn't want a major malfunction on the way to work so I will ride it home to see how it likes that. It's a nice bike that I will try to keep in great working condition for as long as possible. It does not have kevlar tires at this point so we will have to wait and see how that is going to work out. With the idiots that break glass on the roads on the Northside I don't see them lasting long. Fortunately, I have Kevlar on both of my tires on the old bike and they are the same size.

  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin