free counters

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Laughter Came Screaming by Henry Kane

 


So, with my new warehouse position I do not have as much time to watch movies. I will still watch movies and you will see reviews here when that happens. But, for now, I take books with me to work. I get two half hour breaks so I get a lot of reading done.
This is the first book I finished and I've only been at the new job four days.
And this was a weird one to start. We have James Barr who has money and a beautiful wife and a foster daughter, full grown that he has the hots for.
Pretty basic.
But, see this book is divided into three separate books. The middle is a huge flash back for James with another flashback shoe horned in for the man his daughter is madly in love with. The middle section goes over one of the most detailed robbery plans I have ever read. 
But, see here's the problem;
James is freaking nuts. He has no idea that he is a true psychopath.
And did I mention that his wife is a strongwoman from the circus?
Yeah, that figure sin later.
I did really like the rapid fire dialogue that takes place throughout the book. I saw the inevitable end coming and when it does it is quick and painful.
All, in all this was a great book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin