free counters

Thursday, October 13, 2016

CarousHELL (2016)


CarousHELL
2016
Directed by Steve Rudzinski
Written by Aleen Isley & Steve Rudzinski
Starring Steve Rimpici, Se Marie, Haley Madison, Chris Proud, Teague Shaw & Steve Rudzinski

Duke (Steve Rimpici) has had enough. He works day in day out at the local amusement park and has finally had enough of the snot nosed brats that ride him. See, Duke is a carousel unicorn. Thus we get the pun from the title of the film. His focus of rage is a brat nicknamed Lunchbox (Teague Shaw). The little monster actually collects lunch boxes, thus the nickname. Also, he can’t stop eating. His sister, Laurie (Se Marie, who I thought I had seen previously in a Bill Zebub production and was wrong) is stuck with him for the day because mom has to work.
Laurie doesn’t care. She has plans to go to a party and have a blast with her boyfriend no matter what. Sarah (Haley Madison, who I recognized from multiple Henrique Couto productions and was right this time) is throwing the party and we have all sorts of fun people there. An incestuous foreign couple. A serial killer. And then there’s Preston (Chris Proud) Popped collar and channeling his best Ryan Reynolds. Once we stir in Joe, the pizza guy (Steve Rudzinski) who just wants to get paid for his pizzas we have the perfect setting for a massacre.


Duke is killing anyone who stands in his way of slaughtering Lunchbox.
I saw this in the perfect place…Cinema Wasteland. It was Saturday night and we were all wired from attending A. Ghastlee Ghoul’s Saturday Night At The Movies. I was familiar with Rudzinski’s work and have seen a lot of his previous films.
Nothing prepared me for CarousHELL.
See, you get the carousel unicorn and his first victim is one of the amusement park workers and he skewers him with his horn. Makes sense. I was worried that continued multiple impalings would get dull.
Never fear.


The very next person he sneaks up on he brandishes a huge machete and buries it in their skull.
I could not stop laughing from that point onward. This movie has some of the best executed, most creative kills I have seen in a very long time. I think Duke should have his own series of films at this point. I really could watch him plow through tons of clueless millenials on a regular basis and it would never ever ever get old.
I mentioned that Chris Proud was channeling Ryan Reynolds. It wasn’t meant as mean or degrading. He nails it and is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while.
If you’re looking for something new. Something different. Something with the weirdest sex scene you will see in your entire life then I must insist you watch this movie.
You can thank me when you see me.




            

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin