free counters

Saturday, January 30, 2016

TURBO KID (2015)

One last review before the month of exile begins. I had heard about this movie before and the trailer looked insane. Then I saw the Facebook post from my son, Dennis;

TURBO KID IS ON NETFLIX!!

Martha and I watched it immediately.

Set in the far flung future of 1997, Turbo Kid fondly brings back the post apocalyptic films that were triggered by the release of The Road Warrior. In this future the sky is filled with acid rain and the harsh landscape brings little in the way of nourishment. Our lead actor, Munro Chambers as the titular kid wanders the wasteland, scavenging what he can for water and comic books of his favorite super hero, Turbo Man.
Soon, he becomes acquainted with a hyperactive girl named Apple (Laurence Lebouef).
She is then captured by the hordes of Zeus (Michael Ironside) to be converted into water.
When the kid stumbles on the final resting place of Turbo Man, he know what he needs to do;
Save the girl.
Be a superhero.
This is such a wonderful movie. The second that Apple arrives on screen she steals the movie, in a good way. I felt like I had dusted off  one of my old, big box VHS tapes and watching a classic. Turbo Kid celebrates a time gone past when everyone was making post apocalyptic movies and they were fun and cheesy and a great watch.
It's on Netflix.
Go watch it.
You can thank me when I get back in March.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin