free counters

Sunday, February 17, 2013

direction

Things change all the time. Sometimes, this is good. Sometimes, it is bad. I have had recent events in my life that while some may consider them bad I have gone the other direction with it. I remember many moons ago when I went to a Fangoria convention in Dearborn Michigan. Kane Hodder was there. Linnea Quigley was there. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell were there and Sam's brand new movie was Darkman.
I saw Dolph Lundgren's I Come In Peace.
It was a magical time when people didn't charge for autographs and all was right with the world.
Then the magic happened.
Someone gave me this little, photcopied zine called City Morgue. Created by Arpad Jasko it was the coolest thing I had ever seen.
I knew what I had to do.
It was 1988 and Divine Exploitation was born!
A print zine at first, when the Internet started becoming popular I had no problem converting to that. It was waaaay cheaper. every so often I felt the urge to print one up and would do so.
It was always fun and continues to be fun.
Now it needs to be like it was. An obsession. A thing I couldn't imagine a day going by without. It is, and always will be, what I like to do. Movies, TV, Games, Print, Art. Whatever I freakin' feel like saying. You can like it...or not. Don;t really care and won't pander. I did some pandering once and didn't like the fit.
So, that's it in a nutshell.
I'll see you all tomorrow morning.
Get ready.
This should be a blast!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin