free counters

Friday, December 10, 2010

THE BEACH GIRLS AND THE MONSTER (1965)

I think I watched it because I had just watched The Monster And The Stripper and I wanted to see if the Beach Girls fared any better. A black and white low budgeter from the 60's directed by Jon Hall and filled with surfers, dancing girls and tunes by Frank Sinatra Jr.
I thought the monster was cool and towards the end I got what the twist was going to be. I'm not going to spoil it for you if you haven't seen it.
The thing that made the biggest impact on me was the professor's house. My God! It was big, beautiful and ultra cool. Huge rooms, a giant fireplace and the bar! My God, the bar! It had more glassware than an Applebee's and you knew that every liquor known to mankind was in that thing.
That is the house for me.
This was definitely a fun little flick that I can see myself watching again even though I know the ending.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin