free counters

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

REMAKES, BAH!


Apparently there are some classic films heading our way to remake land. Here's the news tidbit with the horrible news;

The remake properties are the Jacques Tourneur-directed “I Walked With a Zombie” (1943); the Robert Wise-directed Bela Lugosi-Boris Karloff starrer “The Body Snatcher” (1945); the Mark Robson-directed Karloff starrer “Bedlam” (1946); and the John Farrow-directed Lucille Ball-John Carradine starrer “Five Came Back” (1939).

No way! They will never be able to capture the looking or mood of any of these films. There is no one in Karloff or Lugosi's league to make these work. And that last one? I remember the ending where the guy lies that there are two bullets left and he offs the girl and then the natives come and drag him off into the jungle to do God knows what to him. I saw that when I was a kid and it scared the bejezus out of me. This is a terrible idea and the best way to nip it in the bud is to vote with your cash. Don't go see any of these things when they come out and they will be coming out, you can bet stupid, Hollywood money on it.
Tell you what, Hollywood, give me one million dollars and I'll make something that will put the butts in the seats. You won't have seen this much cash since that horrid Blair Witch Project. Only this one will be good.
That's the challenge, Hollywood. I can be contacted at this website.
The rest of you have an excellent day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin