free counters

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Astounding She Monster (1957)



This is one of those old stand bys from the era of Shock Theater. I can't tell you how many times I have seen this flick, but I can tell you that something always fascinated me about this little film. There are seven people and a dog in this film and two of the actors are in one scene! An interesting study in human nature.
I have been so fascinated with this flick that I thought I might remake it as a micro budget feature even though I hate remakes.
Then last night I watched it again.
The film still works. Sure, it was filmed in one exterior area and one set and yes you can tell it's a set. Robert Clarke tries his best with what he's given, but the plot is pretty thin to begin with. Until you reach the end and discover what this Astounding She Monster was up to. No, I'm not telling you. You either know or you need to watch the movie. It has a running time of 60 minutes. Give up one episode of that Criminal SUV show or whatever it's called. This is better than any of that tripe.
To tempt you I have included a great poster and a trailer for the film.
The Astounding She Monster is one of the best!
As for my remake, I have a better idea;
A sequel. I forced myself to stay up and watch the whole thing past my bedtime and I think I have a way to get a sequel going that might be interesting at least. Of course it could also be crap. Time will tell.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin