free counters

Friday, October 14, 2011

REVIEWS OF MOVIES I HAVEN'T SEEN

I haven't done one of these in a while so, let's take a look at the films heading our way this week

First up is THE THING. I truly love Carpenter's film so, there is that remake worry, but we all know this is a prequel. The problem with that is we know what happens to all the people in the first base camp. No surprises here and it's hard to root for a group of people that we know are already doomed. The hot girl from Scott Pilgrim is going to be in it so there's your reason to watch this.

FOOTLOOSE is proof that there is zero originality in Hollywood. I won't be going to see this and I hope you do the same.

THE BIG YEAR. IS it too late for Steve Martin to be funny again? I would really like this to be fun. Stupid, laugh out loud fun. We'll see.

ROCK 'EM SOCK 'EM ROBOTS. Oh, I mean REAL STEEL with Wolverine in it. Yeahhhhh, maybe when it hits cable.

DREAM HOUSE. Isn't this just AMITYVILLE HORROR? I've already seen that one. Josh Brolin's dad and Superman's girlfriend were in it. I didn;t see either of them in the previews so I'm gonna pass.

WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER? has Anna Faris in it. Has she shown us her jumbly wumblys yet? Yeah, she's gonna want to do that before she gets leathery and scary looking. This looks dumb.

That's about all I can force myself through this time. I would like to mention LA PIEL QUE HABITO. A new film with Antonio Banderas that deals with some creepy themes and looks to be a Cronbergian delight. Search it out and watch it. As soon as I am able I will watch this.

Watch a good movie this weekend. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that will happen at your local multiplex.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin