free counters

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Birthday Views

Here at The Waltz Compound there are two things that are the same year after year for my birthday. One involves me and my wife not leaving the bedroom for a few hours and the other is that I get to do what I want for the day.
Everyone was lucky that I wanted pancakes with rum soaked pears for breakfast, but after that I watched movies.
Here's what went down at The Waltz Compound;



CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD

I can still remember sitting in Eastowne 5 theater watching this as THE GATES OF HELL. I thought it was awesome except for the part where the woman lost all of her guts out of her mouth and I had to make a mad dash to the bathroom to lose my popcorn. I watch this one once in a while and it just sticks in my head. A great, weird zombie flick.



TERROR FROM THE YEAR 5000

This one showed on Shock Theater when I was a kid and it scared the shit out of me! Now, I'm not sure what did it, but I suspect that the black and white photography coupled with the wild Florida swamplands did a number on my young skull. Another great flick.



SMASH CUT

This is my first time for this flick and it was funny. A little too derivative for someone who has watched every H.G. Lewis movie in the world, but it was okay. David Hess looked like he was having a good time and Sasha Grey is always nice to look at. Shes what Misty Mundae would have been if she had done hardcore. Also, she takes a horrible profile shot. She works better at a three quarters shot. Probably why she poses like that all the time in her photos. Anyway, it was fun.




THE MAN AND THE MONSTER

Thought I would watch an old episode of THE DUNGEON OF DR. DRECK a horror host show out of the Boston area hosted by my good buddy, film maker Michael Legge. From the wilds of Mexico comes a really weird flick. Kind of Jekyll and Hyde, but more of a curse than anything and it only happens when he plays the piano. The monster is kind of silly, but for the time frame this is kind of a creepy monster fest.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin