free counters

Saturday, January 2, 2010

NEW YEAR'S EVIL (1980)



A slasher flick where Roz Kelly of Happy Days fame as the wisecracking Pinky Tuscadero, stars as a DJ who is doing a televised broadcast in all the time zones of The United States. What she soon finds out that there is a maniac killing people when each time zone reaches midnight and he's closing in on her.
I remember when this first came out. I can see the marquee at The State Theater in downtown Kalamazoo proclaiming its arrival.
Yeah, I didn't see it. I think I may have rented it once during the VHS mom and pop store boom, but I really didn't remember much. I liked Roz Kelly, but her sister Leather Tuscadero played by the smoking hot Suzi Quatro was much cooler to me.
This year I popped in a disc of the flick on New Year's Day. It was pretty standard and, since it was early, I fell asleep after the first relatively bloodless murder. The part of the film I saw was rather chaste and bloodless for a film sold as a slasher flick. I might finish it and, who knows? It might get better. If it does then I'll report back here. I kinda doubt that will happen, but ya never know.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin