free counters

Friday, May 22, 2015

REVIEWS OF MOVIES I HAVEN'T SEEN: MAD MAX; FURY ROAD

Ignore this


Okay, let's make this simple. This is one of those reboot/reimaginings that Hollywood is famous for. I personally do not care for them. Add to the fact that I like all three of the original films and consider THE ROAD WARRIOR to be in my permanent all time Top Ten list and you know I'm not watching this thing.
It reminds me of Zack Snyder's DAWN OF THE DEAD. Might have been a great flick...if you didn't call it that. This one seems to have gone the same way.
I hear he saves the equivalent of post apocalyptic Victoria's Secret models???
Really???
Now, I'm not sure if it's true, it's just what I heard.
My Max wouldn't waste his time. This was a man thrust into a situation. The world is on the verge and with one fell swoop, his world is shattered and he becomes a man fueled by vengeance. Even when that fire burns out he is still focused on just surviving a world he never asked to be a part of. He saves a group of people in one film and then a group of children in the next. It's about family. Max is all about protecting family.
Victoria's Secret Models???
Even if they aren't that, just saving the wives of the bad guy seems like a situation my Max would never even get near.
So, in the end, right or wrong, I see no reason to watch this.
I'm going to fire up The Road Warrior this weekend.
Such a good movie.

Watch this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin