free counters

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

MASSACRE IN DINOSAUR VALLEY (1985)


I have no idea why I never got around to watching this. all I can say now is that I'm glad that it's something that has been registered by my brain. Directed by Michele Massimo Tarantini who's work I am familiar with, this is a wonderfully trashy flick without a single dinosaur in it.
Apparently there are a group of people on their way by plane to another South American city. They pay off the pilot to take them to the mysterious Dinosaur Valley.

That's right, I'm the tough guy.
Yeah, then the plane crashes, the environment is less than hospitable and the natives are looking at them as a new menu item. So, it's time to hit the trail with a grizzled old Vietnam vet, his worthless wife, a photographer, a couple of models and the daughter of a famous paleontologist. Yeah, the famous paleontologist didn't survive the crash. His death scene is actually a little funny. The vet and our main man Kevin (Michael Spokiw of  2019: After The Fall of New York) are arguing about taking care of the old man and he's making these bizarre faces and then he dies so they stop arguing.

I think you're squeezing his head too tight

Managing to escape the natives they think they arrive in civilization, but it's an emerald mine ran by a low life who wants the girls for himself. Out of the frying pan and into the fire so to speak.
It becomes a different kind of survival when Kevin has to go against the sleazy characters that run the mine and keep his and the girls' hides intact.


HELLO!

This was one of those movies I ran across and thought it would be interested. Then the copy of the flick just laid around for a while. Today I looked at it and said, Why Not? Glad I decided to do that. This flick gives you the rugged adventurer getting into one predicament after another. There are pretty naked girls in abundance. A really cool shot of a guy who has his leg gnawed off by piranhas and so much more. Bizarre natives, alligators, emeralds, greasy mercenaries. Did I mention the pretty girls. Well, there you go.


OUCH!

MASSACRE IN DINOSAUR VALLEY is one of those cool flicks that came out of the Italian explosion in the 80's.
Very cool.


That is gonna leave a mark.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin