free counters

Friday, July 23, 2021

Van-Pires (1998)

 




So, there I am when what you see up there appeared at 2nd Chance in Kalamazoo. It's a store that sells second hand movies, TV Shows, video games and systems and music. It's a really big store and I love to go through their 99 cent racks.
Then I saw this.
I flipped the case over and was astonished.
It said;
Van-Pires centers on a group of human teenagers who protect and defend the world from evil anthropomorphic junkyard vans and vehicles known as the "Van-Pires" by transforming into robotic anthropomorphic cars, calling themselves the "Motor-Vaters"
Oh you know I had to watch this.
And it is a combination of computer animation straight from the late 90s and live action when the Motor Vators are letting their mechanical forms sleep during the day.
Did I mention that the head bad guy is named Tracula? 
Oh yeah, this is just a fine example of what may be one of the weirdest television programs I have ever seen.
The acting is dreadful, the writing is worse and it had a 13 episode run.
Did I mention John Entwistle of The Who wrote the soundtrack for this? Yeah, he wrote a ton of songs for this. Apparently he really liked the show.

My DVD only had three of the episodes, but luckily YouTube has them all so I won't have to search for them.

Added weirdness would be the kids mentor Van He'll Sing (Not a typo) who says he plays himself. No one can seem to find out who this guy was.

Did I mention that Tracula is voiced by Jonathan Davis? Frontman for KORN? Yeah, this is so freaking weird.
Go watch it. Each episode is only 23 minutes long and there are only thirteen of them. Most of you have binged longer for less.


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin