free counters

Monday, December 16, 2013

SEE YOU IN THE NEXT LIFE, BILLY JACK

So, Peter O'Toole died. The media has managed to jump all over that.
While I am sorry that he passed away, I am a little angry that an exploitation legend has also left this mortal coil with much less fanfare.
Tom Laughlin, who is associated with the Billy Jack movies has gone to be with his ancestors.
To an exploitation film junkie, Billy Jack is one of those perfect storms of a movie. It has a social redeeming message and an insane human being at it's core. Tom knew his Hapkido and used it throughout the film.
Tom was kind of like our Bruce Lee.
And now he's gone.
I can honestly say I do not remember the last time I watched one of his movies so, I think I might be going back to that cinematic well in the very near future.
In the meantime, I give you this video. It always makes me think of how much I loved these movies. I am glad they are still here with us and we can visit Tom Laughlin anytime we want.

Seeya Billy.

We will meet again.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin