free counters

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

THE MISFITS SUCK!!


Believe it or not, this has nothing to do with the group's musical abilities. I mean they suck on a more personal level.
Let me explain.
So, Martha, my friend Robert and I decided we were going to The Orbit Room last Saturday to watch what I thought would be the best line up of all time. Motorhead and The Misfits. There were some other bands there as well, but it was these two that made me so excited.
So, we got the tickets and I was checking directions to The Orbit Room the day before the concert and what should I see on the website? The Misfits have cancelled. Now I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt so, I checked their website to see what the reason was behind the missed performance.
This is directly from Jerry Only;

For the sake of our loyalty and dedication to all our fiends, the Misfits have chosen to withdraw from the lineup of Volcom’s 2008 tour. The Misfits have always held an incredibly high standard of performance and quality in everything we do. Our fans expect this and deserve it. I will not compromise their expectations for any amount of money, prestige or fame. I apologize for the inconvenience and will reschedule performances wherever possible throughout our upcoming tour this October.

What a lame non excuse!!! If you don't want to disappoint your fans..show up for the show already!!!!
Needless to say, they did not show up, but Motorhead was fantastic, Valient Thorr was insane and a lot of fun and I discovered a new band that I like called ASG. There was another band there called Year Long Disaster. They sucked, musically this time, not personally. I don't know them personally so it would be hard for me to say.
All in all the concert was great. I got to see Lemmy! That alone was worth the price of admission. What would have made it better would have been that icing on the cake known as The Misfits, but, no. They decided to be lame ass pussies and not appear at a show where some people paid good money and spent a lot of gas money to get there. Way to go Misfit. I'm sure that will endear you to the fans from the great state of Michigan in the future. Like you guys can afford to piss off anyone in the first place. And I discovered that the band gets eight grand for each stop on the tour. Eight grand! May i someday be so famous that I can turn my nose up to eight grand.
I would like to apologize to my readers for taking so long between posts. I wish I had an excuse, but I've just been busy. I'll be back more often for more goodies from the realm of exploitation to amaze you with. In the meantime don't forget;
THE MISFITS SUCK!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin